Thursday, December 31, 2009

Confetti and the Mugger


Have you ever thought about what you'd do if you were mugged?
Would you cry, fight back or just hand over your wallet?
My favorite story is of the lady who threw confetti in the air.
Apparently she loves confetti as much as I do and has some with her at all times.
This time she had her coat pockets full of gold teeny tiny star shaped confetti.
When the mugger approached her with the order, "Take your hands out of your pockets and put them up", she did exactly that and threw handfuls of these sparkly gold stars high in the air
The mugger doubled over laughing and walked away. I don't know if it happened exactly like this, I wasn't there, but I want to believe it did. I love the image of her tossing those glittering stars up high and throwing that mugger off guard. Maybe, just maybe, she gave him his
first genuine smile in a long time. I hope so. This is part of what I love so much about confetti, it create's smiles. So Smile today, save some of that New Year's Eve Cheer and tomorrow will be another day.

No comments: